If you’ve missed me on BriarCraft it’s because I’ve been working on a lot of testing for fixes to the server to make things better. Well, I was out of town for a few days too.
Alot of small fixes have gone up on the server and you may not have even noticed. I’m noticing a lot more stability and fewer crazy issues, like rails cluttered with livestock. Hopefully this will allow our development team to start working to add more fun stuff that makes BriarCraft more interesting!
For those that are interested, here’s the list of modifications we’ve been making:
- playerimmune flag is now three different flags:
- playerimmune: from enviornment damage, we use this at the hub locations)
- hostilecombat: which toggles player/enemy combat on/off
- A bunch of zown admin tool stuff to make managing zown templates easier
- Fixes to allow zown members to do stuff with their crops and animals that wasn’t working
- Feature to allow owners the ability to change some zown flags was added (/zown flag <zownname> <flagname:allow/deny>)
- Feature to view information about zowns was added (/zown info)
- Better recovery of players inventory and location if teleport (spawning) fails
- Player inventory recovery after server crash or forced restarts
The bulk of my energy has been spent getting the website in a more finished state. I’ve been finalizing policies, information about player ranks, plugins, command lists, staff bios, plugin tutorials, site security, and cleaning up the look of pages to make them easier to read and nicer to look at. There are just a few things to finish cleaning up including a contact page, a few more tutorials and the gallery which has a few bugs I’m waiting for fixes to.
OOn the whole, we feel BriarCraft is ready for the general public. I’ve already posted a notification about the server at the CanaryMod site for people to come look at a running CanaryMod server environment. In the next month I plan to start posting other notices getting the word out about the server. Please keep me posted of any issues that occur so we can address them.
Thanks for being a part of the BriarCraft community.