FAQ and TutorialsThis page is currently under development. Thank you for your patience.
Nine out of ten visitors ask me this question before they’ve even made it to our lowest membership levels of activity, so I’m a bit callous towards this issue. Points to keep in mind:
- There are an unlimited number of positions available, but they will not be granted to many.
- The listed requirements are only the minimum. Many other factors will be taken into account. Maturity, involvement, likability, among other things will also be considered.
- No one under 18 (that I’m aware of) will be given a staff position other than Ranger. Ever.
- If you annoy the community (and me) and you can’t be trusted, you will NEVER be on staff.
- You should have a very thorough understanding of the community rules and be able to demonstrate such through your conduct.
- You should have a good understanding of most of the player server mechanics.
- You’ll need to have a website membership.
- Inquiries should be sent via the Web Private Message system to Nutmegan only. Doing so is no guarantee of results.
- Inquiries made in game (public or pm) will be ignored. Persistence will result in temporary chat mute.
A Final Note:
Naturally our staff members have some special “powers” granted to them in order to preform their tasks. However, we expect all staff (even as owners) to participate as actual players on our server. So using those “powers” to enhance their play is strongly discouraged and could even result in demotion. If your only desire is to gain special “powers” that you think will make you “cool” or make you’re play experience “easy”, that’s not the way things work around here.
We currently run on a CanaryMod server platform and will be porting over to SPONGE in early 2016. 98% of our server modifications are designed and developed by our own developers. The few others we use are primarily utilized for their api and integrated into our custom builds. We may eventually release portions of our server mods to the public, but at this time, we consider them too beta to be released to the public. If you’re interested in a specific feature you’ve seen on BriarCraft, you’re welcome to inquire.
Our server is hosted in eastern Canada.
Not at this time. At some point in the future, we may consider adding the option for members to make a donation towards the server upkeep. It would be completely voluntary and no perks or benefits will ever be offered for such gifts other than keeping the server and community up and running.